WinExplorer 5.0 and T911
smitty
2003-06-23 18:49:41 UTC
Hey, long time Extreme user here. Trying Winexplorer 5.0 for the
first time and I can't get the damn thing to work. I have a T911
flashed with UL4S. I have three good cards that I write to with no
problem in ExtremeHU, but I have downloaded and ran the new
WinExplorer 5.0 and can't get it to work. I have tried setting it for
P3 settings and Unlooper settings but it will never read, write or do
anything to a card that I know is good (just used in ExtremeHU). If I
set it in the settings to look for a valid ATR, then I can never get
past "reset failed". If I tell it not to look for a valid ATR then I
get Time Out 58 error. The help page just tells me that there is a
connection problem between the computer and the device.

First, is the T911 compatible with the new Winexplorer 5?

Second, should I be using any different flash in the T911?

Are there any settings that I can tweak to try and talk to the card?

I have run out of ideas and just don't know. Thanks in advance.

Smitty

***Hell, maybe it isn't worth the trouble if the P3 stream is going to
be gone by September**
lcs Mixmaster Remailer
2003-06-23 19:20:04 UTC
Make sure it is set for unlooper mode, not P3 HU mode.
mili
2003-06-23 20:02:47 UTC
Based upon member feedback and personal experience the T6, T911 and the
ExtremeShureShot are the shittiest loaders in existance and they are highly
picky about any Winexplorer based scripts
--
mili

Visit:
http://www.dssmili.com for all your DSS hacking tools.
http://www.bellexpress.vu for DishNet and Bell stuff and
http://www.dssftp.com for all the latest files for anything Satellite
Related
be gone by September**
Gumbi
2003-06-23 20:38:31 UTC
not true at all I use winexplorer with no problems at all with my T911 and
it happens to be a pretty good product if you ask me, has never given me any
prblems at all. to each there own as they say.
be gone by September**
Shadowtek
2003-06-24 11:10:34 UTC
Have you tried it on a different PC? I have some sort of hardware conflict
on my main PC that won't let me run WinExplorer, I have to use Extreme, but
I"ll fire up the old PC and use WinExplorer for stubborn ones. Try taking it
to a friends or something, and let us know what happens as I'd like to get
to the bottom of my problem as well.
be gone by September**
wing
2003-06-24 00:28:50 UTC
http://www.dssfilexchange.com/files872/dsstech-rom-glitcher-v3.zip This is
a link from that last post.

Here are some support files needed to run.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/scriptcontrol/x86/sct10en.exe
http://www.hu-files.net/files/vbrun60.exe